Tasteful Tip Tuesday: April 2021
Are You Getting Your Daily Dose of Nutrients?
The United States Department of Agriculture created MyPlate, a symbol for healthy eating that is designed to provide a simple visual reminder to help people make healthy food choices. Listed below are suggestions and guidelines for fulfilling the food groups represented on the plate:
- Fruits—Any fruit or 100% fruit juice counts for this group. Fruits may be fresh, canned, frozen or dried, and may be whole, cut up or pureed.
- Vegetables—Any vegetable or 100% vegetable juice counts for this group.
- Grains—Examples of grains include bread, pasta, oatmeal, breakfast cereals, tortillas and grits. Grains are divided into whole grains and refined grains.
- Protein—All foods made from meat, poultry, seafood, beans, peas, eggs, processed soy products, nuts and seeds are considered protein.
- Dairy—Fluid milk products and many foods made from milk are in this group, such as cheese and yogurt. Choose mostly fat-free or low-fat dairy products.
Eye Health 101
Keeping your eyes healthy is a very important task. Fortunately, it’s also an easy thing to do. Here are five simple ways you can keep your eyes healthy:
- Get a regular exam. Complete eye exams consist of a series of tests designed to evaluate your vision and check for eye diseases.
- Wear protective eyewear. When you’re playing sports or doing a task that requires eyewear to be worn, heed the advice and wear glasses or goggles to prevent injury to your eyes.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can contribute to a host of irreversible eye diseases, so quit or refrain from smoking to protect your eyes.
- Put your shades on. Wearing sunglasses protects your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Don’t forget to put them on when you’re outside!
- Give your eyes a break. Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause a painful strain on your eyes. Whenever possible, try giving yourself a short break from looking at the screen.
Asparagus With Gremolata Sauce
If the recipe link doesn't work, copy and paste this into your browser: http://go.seubert.com/l/654093/2021-01-04/hhpw45/654093/16097789589umaZzvJ/Asparagus_With_Gremolata_Sauce.pdf